An Electronic Braking Performance Monitoring System from TIP
BrakePlus is TIP’s Electronic Braking Performance Monitoring System (EBPMS), a system that enables users to monitor the braking performance of the trailers in their fleet.
Why use BrakePlus?
- Using BrakePlus provides you with a means of monitoring the performance of the braking system of your trailers and can replace the need to conduct physical roller brake tests throughout the year
- BrakePlus can significantly reduce the cost and effort associated with arranging and performing regular roller brake tests
- It can help shift ‘downtime’, as a consequence of breakdowns or unplanned visits to a workshop, into planned maintenance activity
- It can help to improve the safety of your trailers
- It follows the guidelines of the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and the EBPMS standard as set out in their publication 'Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness'; it can contribute towards achieving 'Earned Recognition' status.
How BrakePlus works?
- It captures braking event data from a trailer’s electronic braking system
- It monitors braking performance on an ongoing basis
- It calculates a Braking Performance Value to produce a ‘Pass’ or ‘Fail’
- Automatic email notifications are received should a trailer change from ‘Pass’ to ‘Fail’
- Users can generate a ‘Braking Performance Report’ which can be used as part of a trailer’s safety inspection record
For more about BrakePlus EBPMS ...